Minimum requirements: brains, patience, hex editor, some knowledge about hex editing.
Recommended: Hex Workshop 3.02
1. Play game for some time until you get a few weapons and some ammo for them
2. Save game (F6 for quick save)
3. Don't do anything, just stay still and write ammo counts for some weapon to somewhere (in your memory preferably, i assume you CAN member two numbers)
4. Exit Game or ALT-TAB out of the game <--i did this
5. Open the latest savegame in your hex editor and open up "search dialog"
6. Now comes the hard part: you must build the search string using this method:
| Ammo in reserve
Ammo currently in your gun
Start the search. Usually only 1 result comes up, unless you had same amount of ammo and reserve in some other weapon.
Now you may see something like this:
In this case, you would have 100 rounds in the gun and 255 rounds in the reserve, get it? Edit numbers to whatever you wish, save and get back to game. Both the current ammo and reserve ammo are saved as float (4 bytes), and
by replacing string before "1304" with "FFFFFFFF" you get unlimited "clip" or reserve to your weapon. This can be especially fun when combined with certain weapons, example would be Personal ion cannon which produces "Death Ray".